Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ken hAk's weeK 4 pICks

I receive yearly evaluations in my work. If my superiors were to inform me that they were unsatisfied with my work, I would take steps to get my act together. At the slightest hint that my work is not on par, I would do what was necessary to take steps in the right direction. And if I was unable to do so, could I blame my superiors if I was demoted? What message does it send to my co-workers if I am given confidence by my superiors, and fail to reward that, and no action is taken?
This is how I approach the news of the week, the current situation with the Bears, from a business angle rather than that of an emotional fan.
Do I believe Grossman is the only problem?
No. But as every other position on a team should be open for competition, so should be the starting quarterback.
Do I believe Griese is the answer? I don't know. Individuals who say "band-aid" and "rusty" seem to forget the impacts Jeff Garcia and Kurt Warner, as example, have made as of recent. Who's to say Griese will not make an impact as well.
I do know if the Bears signed another quarterback today, he wouldn't play Sunday. I do know there is no way the Bears could play Grossman at this point.
From a business angle, I only see progress forward.
From an emotional fan, I only see a glimpse of hope.
Ken Hawks picks (29-19 overall)
New York > Buffalo
Green Bay > Minnesota
Houston > Atlanta
Miami > Oakland
Chicago > Detroit
Dallas > St Louis
Baltimore > Cleveland

San Francisco > Seattle UPSET
Tampa Bay > Carolina UPSET
Pittsburgh > Arizona
Indianapolis > Denver
San Diego > Kansas City
Philadelphia > New York
New England > Cincinnati


16 comments:

BigNewsDay said...

Great picks again!!!

I do not see any of your picks this week that I would disagree with. Much better than Lefty's picks (I'm just giving you shit brother).

Lefty Metalhead said...

Hey, my picks are as solid as the probability that the Cowboys Won't win the superbowl!

spartachris said...

ha ha it would be cool to keep this going throughout the season.

Right now all a fan can really do is hope. Still early in the season, you can't cross anyone out what with turnarounds like the Titans had last year. I'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings on Sunday, in my Ogunleye jersey, sitting quietly and behaving myself until given a reason to do otherwise.

spartachris said...

By the way BND I heard Romo wants his money now.

BigNewsDay said...

Hey Lefty, so what you're saying is that your picks are as solid as a bowl of monkey piss.

I'll have my 11 year old son do his picks, and I will almost guarantee that he will do better than those monkey piss picks.

Lefty Metalhead said...

BND, what's your fascination with animal excrement? It must be a Southern thing! My picks are very reliable. I won't deny that your boy knows his stuff, but my one prediction regarding the Cowboys and their false Superbowl aspirations is right on!

BigNewsDay said...

Animal excrement was the only thing that would compare properly to your picks. I can't wait to have a good hard lagh in Feb. when my 'Boys bring home the big trophy.

Lefty Metalhead said...

The only thing they're taking home is another disappointment. Romo can't be trusted. He falters late in the season, when it matters. T.O. will probably do something stupid to get himself suspended. My Bears aren't going anywhere, but neither are the Cowboys.

BigNewsDay said...

Just remember that Romo started last year as a back-up QB. He currently one of the highest ranked QBs in the NFL. Also, Romo made the Bears defense look like a bunch of junior high school girls.

Lefty Metalhead said...

Not in the first have my friend. The defense owned Romo like a white man owned a slave, until luckily for you guys, Briggs and others got hurt. Our offensive woes allowed you to beat us. It is quite clear that neither Romo or the rest of the Cowboy offense had any more to do with their victory than the Bear defense being hurt. In other words, we gave the game to you.

Lefty Metalhead said...

Marion Barber is a punk. Your O Line was committing so many penalties, that they eventually began to get away with them. Why do you think Romo was able to have such a long time in the pocket? Your line was face-masking, holding, invading the neutral zone. Fuck, they did it all!

BigNewsDay said...

????????

Do you want to discuss the phantom offensive pass interferance calls and phantom offensive holding calls from the first half of the game? Even Madden was bitching about the one-sided calls, and the Bears STILL GOT STOMPED!!!!!!!!!

spartachris said...

Hey guys what did I miss.


Oh.

Lefty Metalhead said...

Madden always bitches against the Bears. That old senile man is just as trustworthy as a Republican administration. Those were all good calls. They just seem bad because you were on the side suffering from them.

Ok, I'm running out of bullshit to say. You know that I respect the Cowboys and the great game they played against my team. Nevertheless, no championship for them!

BigNewsDay said...

I know brother, but if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, remember I'm here for you and the rest of the Bears fans.

Lefty Metalhead said...

If things continue to go like last week, I will need a shoulder to cry on. The only thing I can be proud of is that I live in a blue state.