Thursday, September 20, 2007

Be a man.

Ken Hawk is the name you know me by. It's a name with a history, a story of a butt ugly 40 year old who hasn't quite aligned his life direction yet.
McGovern is a name others know me as. I'm a scientist, a musician, a weightlifter, a runner, a volunteer firefighter, a husband, a friend, an ordinary man. And most people who know me, know I am a football fan.
This space is typically reserved for the former to express his poorly educated, poorly informed opinion.

But now, as McGovern, I feel an obligation to voice myself, for the love of my game.
Spygate.
McNabb and his issues.

Is this The View.
This is what has dominated the first three weeks of the NFL season. I don't even take a side in these "stories" anymore. I am a football fan, and a fan with passion doesn't need these paper-selling, flaming drama stories. This is what I have to say.
Be a man.
Man up. All of you.
Media. It's a story. And a story that has been over exaggerated. A story that has been drug behind a truck for a week. And it's hardly even a story.
McNabb. You are a quarterback in the professional football league in the United States of America. YOUR face is on a fan's shirt. YOUR face is on a Campbell's commercial. YOUR face is on my copy of Madden 2006.
Whether you are right o
r wrong, in your story, or in your "issues", you all have your lives. You have your limbs. You aren't starving. You don't have parasites in your eyes.
I am finished with the media, with the players who can't accept what they take for granted. You are paid to write about football. WRITE ABOUT FOOTBALL. You are paid to play football. PLAY FOOTBALL.
Be a man.
Life is not fair.
I don't have the luxury of being a man who writes about or plays football. But I'm a man with a passion for a game.
I'd appreciate the girls staying out of it.
Ken Hawk's picks: Week 3: (18-14 overall)

New York > Miami
San Diego > Green Bay
Pittsburgh > San Francisco
New England > Buffalo
Kansas City > Minnesota
Detroit > Philadelphia UPSET
Tampa Bay > St Louis
Baltimore > Arizona
Indianapolis > Houston
Denver > Jacksonville
Oakland > Cleveland
Seattle > Cincinnati
Carolina > Atlanta
Washington > New York
Chicago > Dallas
Tennessee > New Orleans UPSET















17 comments:

BigNewsDay said...

I would have to agree with your statements. Players make far too much money to act the way they do. SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!!!

I also agree with all but one of your picks. I'll let you guess which one that is.

spartachris said...

Thanks man, edited it up a little bit there at the end, but what is there now I feel is truth.
I don't understand the media poking NFL fans to get a rage over a story.
I don't understand players voicing their problems when they have the privilege to play professional football and be a role model for thousands.
Play the game, or get out. No, I don't need you. No, I will get over it if you never write or play again.
Someone else with real passion will take your place and fill it tenfold.

spartachris said...

And what fun would it be if I didn't take Chicago.

BigNewsDay said...

I would be disappointed if you and Lefty didn't pick the Bears. I've had a blast this week reading your comments and responding. I'm expecting one hell of a game Sunday night.

spartachris said...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
And I did hear from a reliable source that Romo punched a kitten one time.

BigNewsDay said...

Hey, that damn kitten deserved it!!!

What's this I keep hearing about Urlacher stealing candy from little girls?

spartachris said...

Well, I'm sure he was stealing from the BAD type of girls who smoke and deserve to be in jail, and giving it back to nice ones.

Romo?
I heard he attacked Carrie Underwood behind a tool shed with a shovel.

Lefty Metalhead said...

I heard Terrell Owens was streaking across Bill Parcels' lawn last week, screaming "Billo, why have you forsaken me?"

Lefty Metalhead said...

On a serious note, I think this is going to be a great game. Although I'm a Bears fan and wouldn't like anything better but a 42-0 pounding of the Cowboys, I wouldn't be surprised if the latter team wins. This very well may be a preview of the NFC Championship.

Good luck to both teams. Let's just hope the fucking Packers get destroyed by the Chargers.

BigNewsDay said...

Breaking News: Chicago Bears punt returner Devin Hester has been rushed to the hospital after an altercation with a rooster. Apparently, he was invited to a cock fight, and misinterpreted the term "Cock Fight".

Hester is currently undergoing emergency surgery to reconnect his penis.

BigNewsDay said...

...and what Tony and Carrie do in the privacy of their own tool shed is their business. At least h didn't pick up a hoe

spartachris said...

Yeah? Well. Romo doesn't wash his hands after taking a leak.
I'm with you Lefty. I don't know BND, ESPN experts, Peter King, lot of guys taking the Bears on this one. Uh oh.
I'm saying 19-17 Chicago.
Grossman doesn't get the hook.
TO doesn't kill himself.
Romo has a whole nest of roaches come out from under his clothes.
Madden starts with some analogy about how if you score more points, you're more likely to win, then tangents off into this story about a pulled pork sandwich he had for lunch and how Joe Dirt is actually an OK movie.

BigNewsDay said...

Peter King is a cross-dresser!!!

spartachris said...

Heh.
Really?

Well, the guy can pick 'em.
Whats the score going to be BND.

BigNewsDay said...

I'm thinking 24-17 Cowboys

spartachris said...

I read that Romo hunted the Chinese tiger to extinction and once flicked a cigarette at Mother Theresa.
Yeah, loooooong day here.

Lefty Metalhead said...

In a press conference held yesterday, President Bush, in response to a question about Iraq security, claimed that "Mandela" is dead, and that Saddam Hussein killed all the "Mandelas".

According to the Associated Press, the person responsible for giving the president this false information about Mandela is none other than TONY ROMO!

Can we really expect an idiot to beat the Bears?

On an interesting sidenote, Lovie Smith is said to have seriously beat Marion Barber III in a game of TEXAS HOLD'EM!