Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ken Hawk's Friday Huddle Quick Hits - Week 15

  • Taco Bell official investigation report: 12/02/2006: Green onions handled by employee Hawk, Kenneth F. Source of contamination traced to employee's stool, which when asked to give a sample, employee defecated in the middle of the clinic floor and stated "THEHre you gO".
  • Ladies and gents its Week 15 of the NFL, and it is simply crazy out there. The worst thing about the NFL? It's unpredictable. The best thing about the NFL? It's unpredictable.
  • The fact is any team - except the Lions - has got a chance. Last week's team we all deemed "cooked" turns it around. The team on the hot streak goes cold. The flavor of the month cools off when another club steps in. The team destined to lose pulls off an upset. Fear not NFL fans, ever Sunday is another chance for that team to pull it together and change the momentum.
  • That being said, here's a gorgeous Panthers Top Cat.
  • You know what, gonna go with a new idea this time. Screw the talk, here's some cheerleaders and some picks.
  • Picks (Week 14: 10-6, 132-60 overall minus one week on vacation)
  • Seattle > San Francisco
  • Dallas > Atlanta
  • Baltimore > Cleveland
  • Detroit > Green Bay UPSET
  • New England > Houston
  • Jacksonville > Tennessee
  • Miami > Buffalo UPSET
  • Minnesota > NY Jets UPSET
  • Pittsburgh > Carolina
  • CHICAGO > TAMPA BAY LOOK FOR KEN HAWK IN THE STANDS!
  • New Orleans > Washington
  • Denver > Arizona
  • NY Giants > Philadelphia
  • St Louis > Oakland
  • San Diego > Kansas City
  • Cincinnati > Indianapolis UPSET





7 comments:

spartachris said...

Damn Seahawks.
0-1

BigNewsDay said...

First off, I see you got a new bicycle. Nice! Sorry about the Taco Bell thing.

I think that was just the beginning of a very rough week for you. Not only did you miss on teh Seattle/S.F. game, but I also think Green Bay will beat Detroit, Tennessee will upset Jacksonville, The Jets will beat Minnesota, Carolina will crush Pittsburg, Phily will upset the Giants, and Indy will rebound against Cincinnati. But other than that, your picks look good. ;)

Oh, and I will be looking for you on the T.V. What will you be wearing?

spartachris said...

Hey bro, I like those picks you're throwing out there, you're a man who understands that a Sunday in the NFL is chaos. After this season I will probably go back through my picks maybe just to study.
As far as Jax and Tenn, Minn and NY, these were games I've been back and forth on all week, no kidding. I would love to see the Titans pull an upset, and I think of all the games this is the most possible.
I took the Jets last week misguided by hype and not thinking clearly. The fact is both the J's and the Vikes still think they're in playoff contention. I can probably attribute this more to the 'unpredicatability rule' as far as my pick goes, I just don't see NY winning on Penny's arm.
As far as Philly, I can't see them stacking up enough talent to beat NY. The only team beating the Giants are themselves.
And I gotta go with Cincy, I'm convinced that these guys have found their groove and the last four weeks have proven it. Indy needs a win badly, just watching that Jax game last week left a lot of doubt in my mind of the team's current momentum.
And of course the big head scratcher, Detroit over Green Bay, and everyone's looking at me like I'm talking Greek. Point is, look back through my picks this season. I have never picked Green Bay. Never will. After watching these guys dis my Bears many years ago in a playoff game, they're on their own. I'll take the local VFW over the Pack any day. Hell, I'll even take the Lions.
I will be deep behind one of the endzones, was thinking of wearing a paper mache Ken Hawk mask to attract some attention, but I'll probably just be donning my Lance Briggs #55 jersey and Bears cap.

Lefty Metalhead said...

Ken, you must have been fucking pissed at the Bears for giving up such a big lead. You must have been equally upset about Gould's missed FG. Fortunately, Grossman made the necessary plays, coupled with the Bucs penalties, to get Gould in position once again. An overtime win by three points against the Bucs isn't impressive, but at least we have home field advantage now.

BND, another great showing by the Cowboys!

BigNewsDay said...

Hey Ken,

I think I saw you in the stands. Were you wearing a shirt that had "teH bEraS" spray painted on the front of it?

Another wacky weekend of football. The Saints fell to the Washington, the Bears almost blew a game they dominated, and The Eagles are beating the Giants in the 4th.

spartachris said...

Yeah, did you see me getting Tasered up in the stands? Don't try and use the "family" bathroom at Soldier Field, they'll put 600 volts in ya.
It was just cool to be back at Soldier Field. For as good as the defense was shutting the Bucs down in the first half, and from the game that Rex put up I thought we had this one sealed at halftime.
Then the storm comes. Bucs score, Hester flips the ball out, Bucs put more points up, it should have never gotten that close.
But at the end, the OFFENSE came through, Rex made some killer drives and played mistake-free, could have done without the defense letup, but to go through all that and win at the end I think most of us were content with it.
Overall, it was a great time taking my buds to see this game. I'm fucking beat, but it was worth it.
8-7 this week, holy crap. You made some good calls there BND. Bengals and Colts tonight.

spartachris said...

8-8 this week.
Well, I guess when it rains, it pours. I don't really get that, its not even cloudy out here. What a stupid saying.
Pretty lousy week for picks, that'll have to improve.