Wednesday, September 09, 2009

NFL Week 1 Picks

And here we go!



Throughout the NFL season I (dzo) will be doing picks, calling at least one UPSET game each week to keep things interesting. My wife Amy is back this year doing picks for fun. Everyone else is welcome to join in.

dzo's picks:

Pittsburgh >Tennessee
Atlanta > Miami
Cincinnati > Denver
Minnesota > Cleveland
Indianapolis > Jacksonville
New Orleans > Detroit
Dallas > Tampa Bay
Philadelphia > Carolina
Baltimore > Kansas City
Houston > New York Jets
New York Giants > Washington
Arizon > San Francisco
Seattle > St Louis

Chicago > Green Bay UPSET
New England > Buffalo
San Diego > Oakland


Amy's picks:

Pittsburgh > Tennesee
Miami > Atlanta
Cincinnati > Denver
Minnesota > Cleveland
Indianapolis > Jacksonville
New Orleans > Detroit
Dallas > Tampa Bay
Carolina > Philadelphia
Kansas City > Baltimore
New York Jets > Houston
New York Giants > Washington
San Francisco > Arizona
Seattle > St Louis
Chicago > Green Bay
New England > Buffalo
San Diego > Oakland

7 comments:

dzo said...

Welcome back all!

Now before BND can jump on my upset pick for the Bears, I'll point out it's hard to find a good upset pick in there this week. The odd spreads across the board are pretty solid for what we know in NFL Week 1. Carolina getting over Philadelphia? Miami over Atlanta? Just not feeling enough wiggle room.

But as it goes in opening weekend, and in the entire NFL season for that matter, things won't go the way we pick them. In every sense of the word, I'll take the Bears to UPSET the Packers on the kickoff weekend.

BigNewsDay said...

BND's Picks

I pick the cheerleader at the bottom. Damn, look at that body.

dzo said...

Any thoughts on your team at Tampa Bay? Where do you see the Boys' strengths and weaknesses?

dzo said...

Keep in mind by UPSET, I am calling against the odds. The general line is Packers by -3.5 at home.

And yeah, I want to see Forte and the OL run all over the 3-4.

BigNewsDay said...

Oh, FOOTBALL PICKS! oops.

I think the Cowboys will edge out Tampa Bay. I am worried about the 'Boys receiving corp and our defensive secondary. Other than that, I think we have a great team this year. We will shine in the new stadium, but won't win it all until next year when the Super Bowl is played here in Arlington.

dzo said...

Yea football picks. Maybe in the offseason I'll get some pics of Kate Beckinsale up. I'll work on that.

I think a possible strength for the Boy is going to be that God-sized screen. Raise it? Hell, lower it a little more. Maybe it'll make some tackles and block some field goals.

I caught some of the Steelers and Titans last night. Damn. I have a feeling this is going to be an insane season.

Oogs said...

Say hello to Rex Cutler