Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The 2009 NFL Season - Ken's predicts


WOOOOOO!!!!!!! FOOTBALL!!!!!!



Every year the infamous lord of funk Ken Hawk is here with his weekly picks, his weekly chicks, and opens it all up taking a few shots at the upcoming NFL season based on gut instinct, research, pitting teams against each other in Tecmo Bowl, whatever is handy.

There is not a season in recent memory that has been as heated and intense as 2009. Fans and teams alike are jacked and roaring for the start. So let's get to it!




T
he picks for 2009:

AFC:

New England
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
San Diego


Wild Cards:

Baltimore
Tennesee



NFC:

New York
Green Bay
New Orleans

Arizona

Wild Cards:

Minnesota
Philadelphia



Super Bowl:
Pittsburgh and Green Bay


Dark horse: Green Bay



Best races to the finish:
New York, Philadelphia and Dallas in NFC East
Minnesota, Chicago and Green Bay in NFC North

Runner-up dark horses: Dallas, Miami


Last year's pick:
New England and Dallas
Result: No


Year before: San Diego and Chicago
Result: No


Year before:
Indianapolis and New York
Result: Half no


So I'm probably wrong:
Right





5 comments:

BigNewsDay said...

Good Picks, but I will still take the Cowboys to win the NFC East. I believe that Vick is going to be too much of a distraction in Philly.

dzogchen said...

Damn. I thought I was going to get a shitstorm for not putting Dallas up there. =o)

When it comes to predicting a season, it's tough to figure injuries. I'd expect a number of these teams to collapse to that alone. Philly and Indy I can see losing their spots from injuries. I could so see Baltimore picking up Ws faster if the Steelers continue to have guys fall off their line.

Truth is the season never fleshes out how we expect. Someone will rise and someone will be knocked off.

I think your Boys are in a good position. Team looks solid. The spotlight is off and they're underdogs. Meanwhile, a number of sources are picking the Bears to win the NFC. That doesn't instill confidence in me.

BigNewsDay said...

I hear ya brother. I am reluctant to pick the Cowboys for the Super Bowl because the only thing they've done with any consistency is be inconsistent.

I do think that the Bears got the better deal in the QB swap with the Broncos, and I think they will have a productive season.

dzogchen said...

At the time I thought the Bears got the better end of the deal. Now it's pretty well accepted. What Cutler has done, here, with this team, has been really impressive. Trading Orton (who I did like) and a handful of question marks (Bears aren't famous for early round picks anyway) looks like a steal now. As he grows with the team I think Bears fans will be very happy.

Green Bay is looking like a heavyweight to me though. I'm not seeing many holes unless you want to pick on their run game. Rodgers looks primed to be top notch this year, I believe it.

dzogchen said...

I do question if Green Bay can keep this intensity up through the season. They had a quiet camp and Rodgers is looking sharp in the system, but at this rate I think it would be difficult to fly low.