Sunday, April 01, 2007

MLB Predictions for 2007

Predicting the outcome of the 2007 Major League Baseball season is like predicting tonight's lottery numbers - very difficult indeed! I'll give you my biased, yet reasonable predictions for what is shaping up to be a great season!

AL EAST

Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays

AL CENTRAL (best division in baseball)

Chicago White Sox (very biased pick)
Detroit Tigers (wild card)
Minnesota Twins
Cleveland Indians (I don't buy the hype)
Kansas City Royals


AL WEST

Angels
Athletics
Rangers
Mariners

__________________________

NL EAST

Mets
Braves
Phillies
Nationals
Marlins

NL CENTRAL

Cardinals
Astros
Cubs
Brewers
Pirates
Reds

NL WEST

Padres
Dodgers
Giants
Rockies
Diamondbacks

____________________________

PLAYOFFS:

AL - Red Sox over Tigers
White Sox over Angels

White Sox over Red Sox (6 games)

NL - Cardinals over Braves
Mets over Padres

Mets over Cardinals (7 games)

WORLD SERIES - White Sox over Mets (5 games)

This may be all wishful-thinking since I'm a die hard Sox fan, but it surely sounds reasonable to me!

2 comments:

spartachris said...

I hope you're right, wife and I were taking a break from working on the house Monday and turned on the game, and that was ugly. And it was just the first inning. Screw you Cleveland.

Lefty Metalhead said...

No hitter by Mark Buerhle tonight! Fucking awesome! This is the turning point I tell ya.