Tuesday, November 09, 2010

8 Week Job Interview

Everyone down here in the DFW area expected Wade Phillips to get fired this week. We have all been screaming for his head most of the season. Jerry Jones did not want to make this change during mid-season, and I completely understand that position, but after the poor performance Sunday night on National TV, he had no choice. The players didn't seem to care if they won or lost, and I believe a few of them will also be fired. I'm not sure that Jason Garrett is the answer, but he was hired to be groomed as the head coach. As a life-long Cowboys fan, I will patiently wait to see if he can change the attitude of the players and instill some discipline in the locker room. This season is now a total loss, so it is a good opportunity to try something different. My gut feeling is that once this season is over, the Cowboys will gut this team and hire a proven coach such as Gruden or Cower.

2 comments:

spartachris said...

Good write up. That's some serious patience you have there, but what else can you do. I hope to at least see the Boys rally and get competitive for the rest of the year.

BND 9-4
Ken 10-3
Amy 6-7

Here's to watching your work. Amy will back me up on this, but I typed out a Houston win instead of my San Diego pick. I guess I wouldn't care, but Gregg Rosenthal on PFT has the best win-loss in picks I've seen anywhere, and I'm excited to be right behind him.

Ah, balls.

BigNewsDay said...

It really sucks to have to pick against the team you love week after week. I don't see any dramtic changes happeining in the next few weeks, but someone must attempt to change the culture of the players. When a player continously makes the same mistakes, or just refuses to try and make plays, that player need to be benched, fined, or released.