Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Week 13

RIP Sean Taylor.
I think one of the worst things I have seen in my life is a family ripped apart when someone is taken away.
I didn't know Sean Taylor, but from the way friends and teammates speak of him, he sincerely sounded like a guy who was turning his life around. There's nothing that impresses me more than someone who sees who he is and faces his character
defects like a man. Whether it be personal, health, law-related, what may seem like weakness actually takes so much strength, that some will never understand.
I hope that what I have heard is true, and that Taylor will be remembered for the way he faced his demons.
Week 13:
Dallas > Green Bay
Minnesota > Detroit
Philadelphia > Seattle
San Diego > Kansas City

NYJ > Miami
Jacksonville > Indy UPSET
San Francisco > Carolina

Tennessee > Houston
Atlanta > St Louis
Washington > Buffalo
Cleveland > Arizona
Denver > Oakland
Chicago > NYG
Tampa Bay > New Orleans
Pittsburgh > Cincinnati
New England > Baltimore

9 comments:

BigNewsDay said...

The death of Sean Taylor is truly a sad thing. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and teammates.

As far as your picks go, I can agree with pretty much all of them. I do think that the Bears are going to be able to take the Giants, though. Ely sucks worse than whoever the Bears pick to throw the ball.

I am very worried about this game tonight. I think the Cowboys can beat the Packers, but stupid mistakes and penalties need to be kept to a minimum.

spartachris said...

That Green Bay secondary is tough. But its games like these were a weakness is usually deciphered.
Of course I can see this going either way but I like your 'Boys and hope they take this one home.

spartachris said...

Inevitably the talk of gun violence is what comes from this weeks events; nevertheless I find it very cowardly that this weak man finds power in a firearm and will not "find" the guilt of his actions until after he is caught.
This is what really disgusts me. These cowards who ask to be forgiven as men.

Lefty Metalhead said...

I hate the Packers, but their receivers are amazing. Young guys with lots of heart! Romo needs to be spotless tonight!

Good luck to the 'Boys!

spartachris said...

Thats pretty impressive there BND. I didn't get to see the game (because the firehouse doesn't have NFL Network, pffft) but I'd say beating up on the Packers is a big feat.

I did want to use my Friday morning switch card and take the Bears over the Giants this weekend.

Have a good Friday, boys!

spartachris said...

And in that shot of the Cowboys cheerleaders, is there some bad shit about to go down on the far right there?

Lefty Metalhead said...

Great job by the 'Boys! Then again, the Bears handed Green Bay their only other loss (heh). BND, our teams can only help each other out from this point: If my Bears beat the Giants, you clinch the division. And now that you may have ended Favre's season, the Bears may be in a position to actually make the playoffs. If the Bears do beat the Giants, things will get VERY interesting!

BigNewsDay said...

I think the Bears will beat the Giants as well. Also, next week the 'Boys will be playing the Lions. That can also help the Bears cause, but it looks like an uphill battle. I would love for the Bears to come down here for the playoffs.

And yes, those cheerleaders are 'gittin bizzy'. I love them Texas women!!!!

That was a very fun game to watch, sorry if you guys had to miss it because it was on NFL Network. For future reference, I believe those games are streamed on nfl.com.

Lefty Metalhead said...

Imagine another Bears - Cowboys game this season? The trash talking will commence upon fruition of that matchup. However, it looks very unlikely Da Bears will be going to the playoffs. It's all up to the 'Boys to represent the NFC properly against the Pats, or Colts.